Are you looking for how to remove the restriction on port 25 from EC2? We can help you with this!
As a part of our AWS Support services, we often receive similar queries from our AWS Customers.
Today, let’s see how our Support Engineers help our customers to remove restrictions on port 25 from EC2.
Remove restriction on port 25 from EC2
By default, Amazon blocks port 25 outbound traffic on EC2 instances and Lambda functions. but we can request for this restriction to be removed after logging into the AWS Management Console. Associate the Lambda function with the Amazon VPC to remove the port 25 restrictions on the Lambda function. Also, note that we have to submit separate requests if we have instances in more than one Region.
Now, let’s see the steps to request AWS to remove the port 25 restrictions on the EC2 instance:
- Log in to the AWS account, and then open the Request to remove email sending limitations form.
2. Then enter the email address to receive the updates about the request.
3. Now, enter the Use case description field with the needed information:
Here in the description field, we need to provide a detailed description of why we are sending the email from the EC2 instance or NAT Gateway.
Specify the Region for our EC2 instance or NAT Gateway in the description.
Also, make sure to provide a statement regarding our plan for assuring that our account is not involved in sending any unwanted emails.
4. Then Provide the AWS-owned Elastic IP addresses that we use to send outbound emails and also provide RDNS records that AWS needs to associate with the Elastic IP addresses.
Also, we need to make sure to link the RDNS record to the Elastic IP address using a DNS A record.
5. Then select Submit.
6. After submitting this form we will receive an email with the Request ID. It may take 48 hours to process our request.
7. We will receive an email to let us know that the port 25 restrictions are removed if they approved the request.
[Need help with more AWS queries? We’d be happy to assist]
To conclude, today we discussed the steps followed by our Support Engineers to help our customers to remove restrictions on port 25 from EC2.