Migrate SolusVM Master to new server like a pro with help from the in-house experts at Bobcares.
At Bobcares, we thrive on coming up with solutions for every query that comes our way as a part of our Server Management Service.
Let’s take a look at how our skilled Support Team helped a customer migrate their SolusVM Master to a new server recently.
How to migrate SolusVM Master to a new server
- First, we will deploy the recently dedicated server and then install Master SolusVM on it.
- Then, we will take a backup of the source Master SolusVM. After that, we will navigate to Database in the Dashboard under the Tools section and click Download.
- Here, we will notice that sections of the SolusVM Master database are encoded with unique encryption. It is is stored at /usr/local/solusvm/includes/solusvm.conf. For instance, here is the format of solusvm.conf:
<DATABASENAME>:<USER>:<PASSWORD>:<HOST>:<the key is the last entry>
Then, we will replace <the key is the last entry> section in the solusvm.conf on the new server with the one from the solusvm.conf from the old server.
According to our Support Techs, skipping this step will prevent your passwords and slave connections from working.
- After that, we will upload mysql dump fromt he old server to the new server and restore it as seen below:
# /usr/bin/mysql --user=USER --password=PASSWORD DATABASENAME < database.sql
Here, DATABASE, PASSWORD and USER are taken from the new solusvm.conf file.
- Next, we will change the IP address of the localhost node in case the IP address of the SolusVM Master server has changed. We do this by navigating to Edit Node in Nodes in the SolusVM section. Here we will remove the files mentioned below one each slave server:
- After that, we will move the templates in the old server to the new one:
- /home/solusvm/kvm/templates – for KVM templates
- /home/solusvm/xen/templates – for Xen templates
- /vz/template/cache – for OpenVZ templates
[Looking for further assistance? We are just a click away.]
In brief, our proficient Support Engineers demonstrated how to migrate the SolusVM Master to a new server without running into any trouble.