Wondering how to restore acronis backup to virtual machine? We can help you.
As part of our Server Management Services, we assist our customers with similar queries.
Today, let us see how our Support techs perform this task
How to restore acronis backup to virtual machine?
You can convert a backup archive (.tib) of Acronis Backup to a virtual machine.
Following virtual machine formats are available:
- Microsoft Virtual PC
- VMware Workstation
- Citrix XenServer OVA
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Kernel-based virtual machine
You can choose following Destinations by using:
Acronis Agent for Windows or Agent for Linux:
You can create a new virtual machine in a local or network folder.
You can start the machine using the respective virtualization software or prepare the machine files for further usage.
Acronis Agent for Hyper-V or Agent for ESX(i)
You can create a new virtual machine directly on the respective virtualization server.
Steps our Support Techs perform a recovery to a new virtual machine.
1. Firstly, connect the console to the management server, to a machine where an agent is installed, or to a machine booted from a bootable media and choose Recover:
2. Then, click Select data.
3. Next, browse for Location and click OK.
4. Next, use the Data view tab or the Archive view tab to select the disks or volumes to convert.
5. In Recover to, select New virtual machine
6. Then, click Browse. In the VM/VS Selection window.
(!) When using Acronis Backup for VMware or Hyper-V you will be able to convert the archive directly into a virtual machine running on your host.
To do this choose Create a new virtual machine on the server.
(!) If you follow this step, proceed with Step 8 next.
7. Then, select the resulting virtual machine type or the virtualization server where to create the machine:
8. In Storage, you can view or select the storage where the virtual machine will be created.
In Virtual machine settings, you can change the name of the virtual machine, the disk provisioning mode, the allocated memory, and other settings.
9. Finally, review your settings and click OK.
[Need help with similar queries? We’d be happy to assist you]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs restore acronis backup to virtual machine.