Want to Backup & Restore WordPress Sites with UpdraftPlus? We can help you.
UpdraftPlus allows us to create and manage backups, as well as restore the website with the backup if necessary.
As part of our Server Management Services, we assist our customers with several WordPress queries.
Today, let us see how our techs perform the backup and restoration.
Backup & Restore WordPress Sites with UpdraftPlus
UpdraftPlus is an easy-to-use Backup plugin. Moving ahead, let us see how our Support Techs go ahead with the backup and restore.
Backup WordPress with UpdraftPlus
Once we have the plugin, we need to create a backup for the WordPress website.
In order to do this, our Support Techs recommend these steps:
- Initially, we go to Settings > UpdraftPlus Backups.
- Then we open the Settings tab.
- Here, we can select the settings.
- Once done, we click Save Changes.
We will receive a message stating “Your settings have been saved.”
As per the option we select, the backups will run.
On the other hand, to perform a manual backup immediately:
- We open Current Status and click Backup Now.
- We can decide if we want to include the database and files in the backup, then click Backup Now.
- The backup will begin to run. The time it takes to finish depends on the size of the files and database.
Once done, the Last log message section will show “complete”.
Download a WordPress Backup with UpdraftPlus
With UpdraftPlus, we can download the WordPress backups for safekeeping.
To easily download a backup our Support Techs suggests the steps below:
- Initially, we navigate to Settings > UpdraftPlus Backups.
- Then we scroll down to Existing Backups to view available backups.
- From the list of backups, we can click on which we want.
- Eventually, click Download to the computer.
We will get the backup in our computer as a compressed file.
Restore WordPress with UpdraftPlus
To restore with a backup, our Support Techs follow these steps:
1. First we go to Settings > UpdraftPlus Backups.
2. Then we click on Restore.
3. From the list, we can see the backups, next to it will be the Restore button.
Or, we can place a backup file in the /wp-content/updraft folder or upload other backups from, Upload backup files > Select Files.
4. We will receive the following message:
“Restoring will replace this site’s themes, plugins, uploads, database, and/or other content directories. ” Select the items that you want to restore such as Plugins, Themes, Uploads, Others, and Database.
Since we are restoring everything, we go ahead and click, Restore.
6. It will process the backup file. Then if we click the Restore again, it will begin the restoration.
Once done, we will receive, “Restore Successful” at the bottom of the UpdraftPlus Restoration Progress page.
[Stuck in between? We’d be happy to assist you]
In short, we saw how our Support Techs go about the backup and restore functions of UpdraftPlus.