Stuck with Windows Live Mail Error 0x800ccc0e?
Usually, error code 0x800ccc0 is caused by an incorrect SMTP port in the account setup.
It can also occur when the program cannot connect to a mail server.
Here at Bobcares, we often get requests from our customers to fix windows mail errors, as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today, let’s see how our Support Engineers fix this error for our customers.
Steps to fix Windows Live Mail Error 0x800ccc0e?
Before going to the steps we will see some of the causes for this error:
1. An incorrect configuration of the server
2. Poor internet connection
3. Due to some anti-virus software
4. Updating Microsoft Windows can also cause this trouble.
5. Due to Administrative issues.
Now we will discuss how our Support Techs fix this error for our customers.
1. Checking the connection to the mail server.
We will first ensure that we capable of communicating with the mail server from the current location.
Steps to follow are given below:
1. We will open the command prompt.
3. Then run the following command:
telnet smtpmailserver.domain.com 25
2. Checking the Email Account Credentials
Next, we will verify if the email account’s credentials are correct and working.
We can use our login credentials and try to log in.
In case if we forget our password, we can reset it and try to login again.
3. Checking Server Settings
To check the server settings the following steps can be used:
1. First, right-click on the email account.
2. And click on properties.
3. From properties take the General Tab
4. Next we will take the user information to ensure if the credentials are correct.
5. Then we check the label Include this account when receiving mail or synchronizing.
6. Finally, we will select the server tab and choose the mail server and enter the correct details.
[Still, facing this error? We can help you.]
4. Re-configuring the e-mail account
Reconfiguring the e-mail account also helps to fix this error.
We can remove the available account and create a new live mail account.
[Need assistance to re-configure mail account? We are happy to help you.]
In short, we saw the causes for the Error 0x800ccc0e along with the steps that our Support Engineers follow to fix this error for our customers.