Do you need to disable the password history for your DNN site? We can help you do it.
Disabling Password History in DNN can be done by disabling the Enable Password History option under Membership Management.
At Bobcares, we often get many queries to disable password history as a part of our Server Management Services.
Today, let’s see how our Support Engineers disable it effectively for our customers.
Need to disable password history in DNN websites
Before getting deep into disabling password history in DNN websites, let’s first look at the need for it.
Usually, with the default setting in DNN websites, we cannot reuse a password.
In simpler words, it means one cannot change their password to the older password.
This happens because of a feature in DNN that actually remembers the history of the passwords used.
How we disabled the password history for our DNN website?
Recently, one of our customers approached us with a requirement to disable password history for his DNN website. Our Support Engineers had a precise look into his requirement and sorted it out for him.
We followed the below steps.
- Firstly, we logged into the DNN website with administrator privileges.
- Then, we navigated to Persona Bar -> Settings -> Security.
- From the Site Security window, we clicked the Member Accounts tab.
- Then, we navigated to the Member Management sub-tab.
- After that, we disabled the Enable Password History option which was enabled by default.
- Then, we clicked the Save button.
- Nextly, we changed the password by using the same old password.
- After that, we navigated again to Persona Bar -> Settings -> Security.
- Lastly, we enabled the option Enable Password History and clicked the Save button.
Thus, we fixed our customer’s requirement of using the same password during the password reset.
[Need more assistance to manage DNN website? We are available 24/7]
In short, we can disable password history in DNN by disabling Enable Password History option under the Membership Management tab. In today’s write up we discussed how our Support Engineers effectively fixed it effectively for our customers.